OneStream® XF Release 7.0.1
Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für aktuelle Informationen zum Thema Infrastrukturlösungen für Geschäftsanwendungen:
This summary is meant to inform our clients on the changes, fixes and new features coming with the latest update of the OneStream® Enterprise Performance System. Though it is not a strictly necessary update in terms of security, we recommend the installation to keep your system up-to-date and prevent issues in updating later on. Depending on your SLA, please contact us to order the update.
OneStream 7.0.1 is a hotfix that may contain specific code changes to an existing feature, API additions or a combination of both.
Microsoft is formally retiring Internet Explorer (IE) in June 2022, and this effects all versions when IE is disabled inside of your organization. We made changes to the last two features that used IE.
As of the 6.8 release, OneStream uses Microsoft .NET 4.8.
OneStream 7.x will be the final release series that includes the OneStream Studio Client which is used for custom report development. After the 7.x series, future releases will eliminate the need to install Studio Client. Report designers will be required to use the Report Designer in the Dashboard Report Component feature.
Due to evolving regulatory requirements as well as new security vulnerabilities in TLS 1.0/1.1, OneStream recommends that customers remove TLS 1.0/1.1 dependencies in their environments and disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 at the operating system level where possible. All client operating systems that use OneStream software and services must be set to support use of TLS 1.2. This includes any authentication endpoints being used for login to OneStream API’s as well as OneStream clients such as the Desktop client or Excel Add-In. Any connection attempts using TLS versions below TLS 1.2 will result in a failure to connect.
Starting with 7.0, all OneStream server and client components are signed with an EV Code Signing Certificate. EV Certificates can be refreshed more frequently without any disruption or impact to end-users so you can have even greater confidence that the code you received has not been altered or compromised by a third party. They automatically gain trusted status on the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen® Reputation filter, thereby reducing warning messages.
Enhancements and New Features
- If you do not have administrative rights on your machine, you may locally install the Windows Client Application using the new MSI client installation package. (PF1-7125)
- Components that allow embedding a webpage or file inside of OneStream page are switching from using IE7 to Microsoft Edge WebView2. The switch is necessary as Microsoft is ending support for IE. (PF1-6755)
- Table Views have been added to the ExcelAdd-In. (PF1-6779)
- Parameters are sequential and will be resolved in the same dialogue box. (PF1-6779)
- Excel Add-In and Spreadsheets “Submit Sheet” submits changed data only for the active sheet for Cube Views, Quick Views, XFSetCells, and Table Views. Selecting “Refresh Sheet” prompts you with any Parameters used on the active sheet. Selecting “Refresh Workbook” prompts you with all the Parameters used in the workbook. Selecting “Submit Sheet” or “Submit Workbook” no longer prompts you for Parameter values. (PF-21708)
- OneStream component installers, except for Studio, have switched from EXE executable files to MSI installation packages starting with release 7.0.0. The MSI packages provide you equivalent capabilities of the previous EXE executables, but offer more reliable remote management of deployments. (PF1-6499)
- When you upgrade from version 6.8.1 or prior, you need to uninstall the existing OneStream Desktop client if you do not want to have both versions installed. Deploying the MSI without uninstalling the existing EXE version will result in two installed instances of different versions. (PF1-6499)
- When upgrading from version 6.8.1 or prior, you can decide to deploy the MSI silently or GPO, the existing Excel add-in must first be uninstalled. This is either done manually on each machine, or silently through the uninstall ISS file delivered with that version’s installation package. If you normally uninstall and install manually, you can follow the normal process. If you upgrade using the Client Updater inside the OneStream Desktop Client, you can follow the normal process.(PF1-6499)
- For self hosted environments using server components, you can upgrade from any version by uninstalling and installing. (PF1-6499)
- Drill-back to Browser allows you to navigate to the transactional record in its web-based source system with a few clicks. When needing to review additional details about imported transactional data that is in the source system, the drill back capability navigates you to a URL using your default web browser outside of OneStream and directly to the record in its source system. (PF1-6408)
- Whitelist File Extensions provide a method of identification of documents, according to their file extensions, that can be saved into the OneStream application file explorer. Whitelist extensions help alleviate the risk of uploading malicious file types. (PF1-6382)
- The default state of List and Tree View filters inside a BI Viewer dashboard now has all options selected to accurately reflect data that is filtered when the dashboard is initially launched.
- The Hybrid Scenario Pre-aggregated Members setting can now be used with the Member Filters and Member Filters to Exclude settings. (PF1-6940)
- You receive an error accessing the OneStream Launch page if you login with an external user account that was not added to an application. (PF2-7960) To resolve this issue either have an Administrator add the account to the application or sign out of your external identity provider and login to the application as another user.
- Using third-party libraries in business rules causes compile errors. The solution depends on if unsupported NameSpaces are used in a business rule file or member formula. (PF2-8996)