OneStream® XF Release 7.1.3
Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für aktuelle Informationen zum Thema Infrastrukturlösungen für Geschäftsanwendungen:
This summary is meant to inform our clients on the changes, fixes and new features coming with the latest update of the OneStream® Enterprise Performance System. Though it is not a strictly necessary update in terms of security, we recommend the installation to keep your system up-to-date and prevent issues in updating later on. Depending on your SLA, please contact us to order the update.
OneStream 7.1.3 is a hotfix that may contain specific code changes to an existing feature, API additions or a combination of both. Framework and application database schema updates are required for this upgrade. Full database backups are recommended.
Enhancements and New Features
- The stage load process runs using the application server, improving performance and scalability. (PF5–65)
- You can use Outline Levels on Cube View columns to indent and expand cube view columns in Excel. (PF5–445)
- You can export Drill Down results with headers to Excel. (PF5–546)
- Three settings were added to cube views: Include Default NavLink Parameters, Cube Bound Parameter Name, and Parent Bound Parameter Name. When Include Default NavLink Parameters is set to True, it automatically recognizes the default navigation link parameter names and you do not have to create separate parameters. (PF5–465)
- Cube View Report Headers are included when using Cube View Connections. You must select to enable. (PF5–890)
- The Aggregation Controls in BI Blend settings include tooltips. (PF5–891)
- If you choose to Clear existing data in Workflow, the message includes a warning that clearing all data will clear all files and associated data in the current workflow import. (PF5–973)
- You can search by All, Sequence, or Steps when you click the binoculars icon and open the Select Data Management Object dialog box. You can also view in Hierarchy. (PF5–784)
- You can export a Cube View to Excel multiple times without being prompted to rename or save. The version number sequentially changes with each export. (PF5–627)
- Application and System Administrators can update common application server configuration settings via a new System Configuration page on the System Tab. Common requests that previously resulted in support calls can be addressed internally by advanced users with the proper access. An IIS restart is no longer needed for the changes to take place. As settings are changed and saved, they are automatically applied every two minutes. (PF5–446)
- A new currency, SLE, has been added for Sierra Leone, West Africa. Their original currency, SLL, will continue to show for historical purposes. (PF5–976)
- You can write shared business rules in VisualBasic or CSharp (C#) inside the existing Business Rule Editor giving you the flexibility to write new rules in your preferred language.(PF1–5500)
- The Studio application and Studio Client Updater in the Desktop app have been removed. The Client API (for automation jobs using PowerShell from a machine or server) was installed as part of the Studio installation. To install the Client API going forward, use the new standalone Client API installer. The Client API installer includes an option to create an environment variable pointing to the location of the old Client API, making it compatible with your current Studio path so you do not have to update existing PowerShell scripts. (PF1–6907)
- A Desktop EXE installer is available in addition to the existing Desktop MSI installer. Use the EXE installer if you need to install more than one version of the application on the same computer and if you want to choose between a per-user or per-machine install. (PF1–6938)
- The OneStream Desktop application name displayed in the Start Menu includes the version number: OneStream Desktop 7.1.0. (PF1–7104)
- All client and server installer file names identify the product name and version it will install. For example: OneStreamDesktop-18.104.22.16823. (PF1–6900)
- All active compiler processes are stopped before executing the server uninstall. This eliminates the need to restart the machine. (PF1–7238)
- You can add auto-calculated subtotals and change the subtotal bar color of Waterfall charts. (PF1–7065)
- You can change the position of your labels in the Waterfall chart. Options include: Auto,Center, InsideStart, and Inside End. (PF1–7065)
- An issue has been identified impacting Releases 6.6.0 to 7.1.1 when a Scenario is configured for Consolidation View as Periodic. In rare situations where the new Periodic Value being consolidated from the child Entity is the same value as the parent Entity’s YTD value, the YTD value may sometimes be retained. (PF5–1523)
- Save works on all SQL Table Editor dashboard components that are accessed through a dialog box from the Forms child input within a Workflow Profile. (PF5–399)
- When clearing the outline levels for Column Ranges and Row Ranges during a Refresh, the Cube View Connection name should be used and not the Cube View Grid name. (PF5–1188)
- To ensure optimal security, these public methods were removed. If you used these methods to encrypt strings or files, use the BRApiUtilities encrypt/decrypt feature going forward. (PF2–10239)
- BIBlend’s Star Schema Leveled Hierarchy supports column aliases. (PF5–689)
- The FX Rate Lock process correctly displays status across servers and clients. (PF5–16)
- When a cube view contains a drop-down list and is saved outside of spreadsheet, it shows in the data cell when it is opened in Spreadsheet. (PF5–400)
- Use the Enable Continuous Scrolling function in the Transformation Rule Changes Audit report. (PF5–457)
- The IIS Idle Timeout defaults to 0 if you configure it through the server. (PF5–401)
- TRX files in Derivative Transformation Rules upload correctly when using the prefixes for BlendUnitAll, BlendUnitBase, and BlendUnitParent. (PF5–824)
- Line charts in the BI Viewer that contain a mix of values with no data reflect no data instead of zeros in the line chart when running the dashboard. (PF5–474)
- When you choose multi-select in the dashboard delimited list combo box, the member name displays with an underscore. (PF5–925)
- When saving offline files in the Excel Add-In for the following error codes they will retain the value similar to excel as general format rather than using internal error code functionality. (PF5–966)
- ErrDiv0 was returning -2146826281 and now returns #DIV/O!
- ErrNA was returning -2146826246 and now returns #N/A
- ErrName was returning -2146826259 and now returns #NAME?
- ErrNull was returning -2146826288 and now returns #NULL!
- ErrNum was returning -2146826252 and now returns #NUM!
- ErrRef was returning -2146826265 and now returns #REF!
- ErrValue was returning -2146826273 and now returns #VALUE!
- Using third-party libraries in business rules causes compile errors. The solution depends on if unsupported NameSpaces are used in a business rule file or member formulas. See Upgrade OneStream. (PF2–8996)
- Data may disappear when you scroll grid and pivot grids in BI Viewer. (PF5–50)
- VB.Net rules that are converted into C # rules require the following imports to successfully compile (PF1–7495):
- With the introduction of C# business rules, imported snippets must have a language type designation, either VisualBasic or CSharp. If you use the currently available snippet import template, you will receive an error when importing snippets. The workaround is to manually add a LanguageType column to the Excel template and define a value (either VisualBasic or CSharp) for each snippet. Use the following steps:
- From the Snippet Editor dashboard, download the Snippet Import Template (or open an already populated Snippet Import Excel file).
- Insert a new column anywhere between the existing ModuleType field and Content field and name it LanguageType.
- Unhide hidden rows numbered 7 - 10 by highlighting rows 6 and 12, right-click, and select Unhide.
- In row 10, add the following formula for the newly added LanguageType column: xfText#:[LanguageType].
- Add snippets as usual, and in the LanguageType column, define each snippet as either VisualBasic or CSharp.